Dicksboro GAA Club

Minors 2013

21st September 2013

Minor Roinn 'A' Championship

Dicksboro 2-12 Erins Own 0-10

Dicksboro minors played in the first round of the Roinn ‘A’ championship today in Ballyraggett against Erins Own and came away with a comfortable win in the end.  That is not to say that the ‘Boro had it all their own way in this tough and dogged affair as it was not until the last quarter of the game that we finally gained the upper hand on our opponents.  Two early points in the first half in three minutes gave us just the start you need to settle down but three pointed frees in a row from ‘Comer brought them back into the game.  Five of Erin’s own 0-7 tally at the end of the first half were to come from frees.  HT Dicksboro 1-6 Erins Own 0-7.  The start of the second half was similar to the first with two early points from the ‘Boro.  Yet again, a couple of pointed frees kept ‘Comer within touching distance of us in the first quarter, but when the frees dried up, ‘Comer were unable to score from play, a failing the ‘Boro boys did not have as we pressed on to win by 2-12 to 0-10.

Panel: Darragh Holohan, Mark Slater, Dylan Scott, Jim Dollard, Thomas Carroll, Evan Cody, Conor Doheny, Corey Cahill, Robbie Fitzpatrick, Andrew Gaffney, Kevin Kenny, Patrick Cahill, Jamie Byrne, Stephen Farrell, Shane O’Brien, John Hanrick, Aidan Nolan, Ronán Butler, Robert Murphy, Jason Carroll, Thomas Kenny, Ciarán Ryan, Conor Fitzpatrick, Evan Carroll, Billy Rowe, Mark McGarry, Paddy Boyd, Aaron Malone, John Curtin, Marc Cudmore.

Match Photos by Kieran Carroll

22nd July 2013

Minor Hurling League

Dicksboro 4-7  Erin's Own 2-13

Dramatic.  That is the only way to describe the conclusion of this, our last group match in the league, a game in which we had to at least draw to get into the league final.  The 'Boro were up by 0-6 to 1-0 after fourteen minutes and were looking good but warning signs came a couple of minutes later when a clear goal chance for 'Comer was bravely saved.  Amazingly, we were to score only one more point in the game and 'Comer finished the second quarter of the first half with 1-3 to leave the HT score, Dicksboro 0-7  Erins Own 2-3 and we were left to wonder during the break whether we would regret all the scoring chances that were missed during the first half.
'Comer stretched their lead further at the start of the second half, adding two points within three minutes before the 'Boro scored the first of our four goals on the fifth minute.  'Comer were now dominating the game and we were certainly on the back foot as our opponents added six points without reply over the following sixteen minutes.  Another goal on the twenty first minute gave us a life-line but we still continued to struggle after it.  At the end of normal time, we were staring at a defeat as we trailed by 2-7 to 2-12 and our place in the league final seemed to be ebbing away but two quick 'Boro goals on the thirty first and thirty second minute meant a dramatic change in fortunes as we now lead by a single point, it has to be said against the run of play.  As often happens in these situations there was just enough time left in injury time for 'Comer to go down the field and secure a draw before the final whistle, a result we could not begrudge them after their second half performance.  We will now contest the league final against James Stephens.

Panel:  Darragh Holohan, Brian Comerford, Evan Cody, Thomas Carroll, Dylan Scott, Corey Cahill, Ronán Butler, Mark Slater, Marc Cudmore, Conor Doheny, Kevin Kenny, Thomas Kenny, Paddy Boyd, Kieran Ryan, Paddy Cahill, Jason Carroll, Evan Carroll, John Hanrick, Mark McGarry, Conor Fitzpatrick.

11th July 2013

Minor Roinn 'C' Hurling League

Dicksboro 1-14 Carrickshock 3-9

The Dicksboro Roinn ’C’ team that played Carrickshock would have started as underdogs in this league game due to the standings of both teams in the league table but we certainly put up a marvellous performance and could even have won in the end.  The ‘Boro were deservingly leading at HT by 1-7 to 1-3 with some great displays of team play and scoring.  The second half was equally as exciting with both teams neck and neck all the way to the final whistle, drawing level with each other on five occasions but unfortunately when the final whistle blew it was Carrickshock who had just edged it by a point, FT Dicksboro 1-14 Carrickshock 3-9.

Panel:  Edward Moylan, Billy Rowe, John Curtin, Cian Butler, Brian Comerford, Mark Slater, Evan Carroll, Jason Carroll, Ronán Butler, Thomas Kenny, Paddy Boyd, Ciaran Ryan, Mark McGarry, John Hanrick, Oisin Gough, Aidan Nolan.

11th May 2013

Minor Roinn 'C' Hurling League

Dicksboro 1-9  St. Patrick's 2-9

Unfortunately we remain at the bottom of our group in this league following this defeat at the hands of St. Patrick's, Ballyragget in a very windy and unseasonably cold Palmerstown this afternoon.  St. Patrick's had the assistance of the wind in the first half and so it was not surprising that we went in at HT losing by 0-3 to 1-5.  A goal and two points in the first three minutes of the second half without reply, put us on parity and back in the match.  Nothing really separated these two sides and after eighteen minutes we were again level at 1-8 each, but shortly after that, St. Patrick's got their second goal and despite playing with the wind, it was the 'Boro that were struggling to create scores in the last ten minutes, only scoring a point, which came from a free.

Panel:  John Hanrick, Billy Rowe, John Curtin, Brian Comerford, Aidan Nolan, Mark Slater, Cormac Buggy, Thomas Kenny, Ronán Butler, Robert Crotty, Jason Carroll, Bill Sheehan, Evan Carroll, Mark McGarry, Oisin Gough, Conor Fitzpatrick, Alan Phelan, Liam Kennedy, Paddy Boyd, Cian Butler.

7th May 2013

Minor Roinn 'A' Hurling League

Dicksboro 2-11  Thomastown 1-14

Our drawn against Thomastown today, which is our last game before the break for the Leaving Certificate, means that when we come back after the break on 15th July we will have to win our two remaining games in the league to ensure we finish on top.  In our game against Thomastown, we started without a number of our key players, due to injury, and had to dig deep into the panel and the strength of the panel was shown in this result as our opponents were a very strong side.  Trailing by a point at HT 0-5 to 0-6, the 'Boro would have to play at the top of their game to get anything out of this match.  In the first quarter of the second half, points were exchanged and there was never more than a couple of points between the sides.  Our break came on the seventeenth minute when a high lobbing sliothar into the Thomastown square was deftly touched into the net to give us a two point lead.  Back came Thomastown and on the twenty sixth minute the sides were level at 1-11 each and at that stage the game could have gone either way.  Two more points from Thomastown in regulation time meant 110% effort was needed from the 'Boro boys in the last few minutes of injury time and this is what we got.  Another goal from the 'Boro deep in injury time gave us a one point advantage but we were unable to hold off Thomastown scoring the equaliser.